My Everything.....

My Everything.....
My 3 children at our latest beach excursion!

Monday, June 27, 2011

My Crazy Life!!

 Have I told you how crazy my life is lately???  We all have hectic lives, but some days I wonder if mine is a little more abnormal than most!!  Some of you know that I moved back to my hometown last year in hopes of getting lots of help from family since my husband's new position at work put him on the road 26 days out of the month.  I only needed the help because I was having medical issues and needed surgery.  So, I didn't want to be living alone with three kids and no family (and no husband) nearby to help during my hospitalization and recovery time.  So, we made the decision as a family to pack up our belongings and "settle down" once and for all in my hometown so we could be near family.  And.....when I say near family, I mean across the street from my parents!!!!  Please note, I haven't lived in my hometown for nearly 17 years.  When I left for college, I only came back a few times a year to visit during the Holidays.  Needless to say......this has been a HUGE adjustment!!

Well, my family was great for the first few weeks.  If I needed someone to help watch the baby (my youngest was 7 months old when we moved here), they came right over.  If I needed someone to drive one of my kids somewhere, they were here in a flash.  The eagerness and happiness to help seemed to dwindle after about week 3.  First, I must tell you that I am NOT one to ask for help.  I would rather do it myself because I am a bit OCD.  So, it was hard for me to ask for the help in the first place.  My parents practically begged me to move back home so they could help me. **Side note - I was put on bed rest and couldn't lift anything over 10 lbs for 6 weeks after my surgery.  Well, about 4 weeks after my surgery I stopped asking for any help and just got whatever needed to be done -DONE!

Fast forward about 9 months.......I'm completely healed and feel better than I have in years!!! However, I'm miserable without my husband!!!  My kids are suffering without their dad everyday, I'm suffering without my husband everyday.  We were a much better unit when we were all together.

saying good-bye......
So.....here we go.....the Traveling Gypsies will be on the move yet again!!!  This time we will all be going together!  My husband has an opportunity to take a job with another company which will move us out of the country for 13 months (but we will all be together!!!) and then the company will move us (all together) to one of their Regional offices for my husband to head up.  They offered him a position to run the Western Region office, which means he would be based in one place and travel only 2 nights a week!!!!  So after 5 years of moving (we have lived in 4 states in 5 years!), it looks like we might actually end up having somewhere to call home!!



Not sure how I will react each June/July (when we usually get the orders for our next post) approaches and there isn't the anticipation of where will we be moving next!  Am I being too hopeful?  Not sure. My husband isn't being as optimistic as I am.  His wheels are turning in the back of his mind.....he can't quite grasp the feeling that we could possibly be stationed in one location -for good!  We'll see...one thing is for sure (if he accepts the new position) we will at least all be together for the next 13 months!  I don't think I could stand another year without him!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! So exciting and good news. Glad you guys will have a chance to be together more often. I hope it all works out the way you want it to. Thanks for stopping by the S&R weekend hop again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle! I am excited to be together as a complete family again!! Looking forward to this next stepping stone in life.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from VB. Fellow OCD-er.

    ReplyDelete