Anyway, I've been reading a lot of blogs lately from moms that do a lot of cooking and sharing of recipes. I love to cook and I love to eat! So, I thought I would share one of my recipes today. I would love to hear your favorite go-to recipe during a busy, hectic week.
MEXICAN PORK (this is from my dear friend Cheri)
This is an easy recipe that takes about 20 minutes to prepare and 3 hours to cook. Great for those days when I have a lot of things going on around the house and I don't have time to sweat over the stove.
Pork Loin (not tenderloin) - like the one shown here
1 packet of fajita seasoning
1 onion, chopped
1 carton of chicken broth
1 can Rotel
First, I drizzle a little olive oil in a dutch oven and heat on med-low. Then I drizzle olive oil on all sides of the pork loin.
- I rub all sides of the loin with the fajita seasonings.
- Sear each side of the pork loin for a couple of minutes
- Set the pork aside
- Throw the chopped onions in the drippings and cook for a couple of minutes
- Pour in the carton of chicken broth and stir with the drippings and onions
- Place the pork loin back into the dutch oven and simmer for 2-3 hours
- 15 minutes before serving, pour in the can of rotel and stir, top off with fresh cilantro